Ask for taxes
by The Cadiz Record
Mar 19, 2008 | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Trigg County Clerk Wanda Thomas explained some of the categories in her Clerk’s Settlement recently published in The Cadiz Record.

Thomas said that payments to other tax districts, as described in the settlement mean payments to the Trigg County School District, Hospital, Library and some payments to the City of Cadiz. She said that checks to these entities come from that fund.

Thomas said that customers purchasing new vehicles outside the county have the option to pay taxes, title and license fees to the county where the vehicle is purchased or may pay the fees to Trigg County.

“You have the choice of running the fees through your home county,” said Thomas. “We collect a portion of the taxes collected, I think about three percent. That benefits the county and the general fund. When you purchase a car, ask if Trigg County can collect the fees. You have to make a conscious effort to ask, however.”
Click for Cadiz, Kentucky Forecast
Sponsored By:
Beaus Blog Logo
Read Beau's Daily Analysis