Rittenhouse said that the beach is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. through 5 p.m. “We got a good report on our water quality, so the beach is open for business as usual.”
The Cadiz Record received a copy of the letter from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services’ Department of Public Health addressed to former pool manager Jan Woodall. The letter, dated November 28, 2007 lists violations found by inspectors.
One sentence of the letter read, “Before the pool can open for the 2008 season, the following must occur.”
The letter listed five grievances against the American Legion Pool.
• The modulating valve must be placed back on the main drain line and be operational.
• Renovation or reconstruction of the surge tank to allow it to be placed back in use.
• The main drain line and gutter line shall empty into the surge tank.
• There shall be no direct connection between the main drain line and the recirculation pump.
• Inspection by this office of the required work.
Follow the latest American Legion Swimming Pool developments every week in The Cadiz Record.