Fire quelled at Barkley
by Alan Reed
Aug 29, 2007 | 0 0 comments | 2 2 recommendations | email to a friend | print
East Golden Pond Volunteer Firefighters respond to a fire at Lake Barkley State Resort Park.
East Golden Pond Volunteer Firefighters respond to a fire at Lake Barkley State Resort Park.
slideshow
A midday fire at the Lake Barkley State Resort Park closed the dining room for guests and visitors for approximately 45 minutes Friday afternoon. East Golden Pond volunteer firefighters extinguished the blaze before it severely damaged the structure known to be one of the largest wooden structures east of the Mississippi River.

Park Manager John Rittenhouse said that the fire began in the motor of a hand dryer in the men’s lavatory on the level of the dining room. “The dryer caught fire and it got into the wood of the wall behind it. We smelled smoke in the kitchen and saw that the smoke was thick in our mechanical room.”

Read more about the fire in The Cadiz Record.
Weather
Click for Cadiz, Kentucky Forecast
Sponsored By:
Beaus Blog Logo
Read Beau's Daily Analysis