Play was postponed, but show will go on
by Hawkins Teague
Mar 12, 2008 | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
The four one-act plays to be performed by Trigg County High School students will go on as scheduled Sunday afternoon. A second performance will take place the following Saturday night.

The plays were originally meant to be performed on March 7 and 8 at 7 p.m., followed by the Sunday matinee, which will now be the first performance. However, school was canceled the morning of March 7, hours before a snow storm blew through the area. This led to the cancellation of the first two performances.

Audrey Jones, one of the faculty co-directors, said that the first performance would go on as scheduled at 2 p.m. on March 16 in the high school’s Little Theater. The final show will be Saturday, March 22 at 7 p.m. There will be no third performance because the theater was already booked during the other possible show times, she said.

Jones and another teacher, Angelica Garnett, began directing rehearsals with student director Jennifer McGill in December shortly after auditions. Jones said the decision was made to do three one-act plays because there was so much interest in this year’s production after the success of last year’s play, “Dinner and a Murder,” which was the first student play at the school in more than 20 years. However, a few students had to drop out of the show, causing the cancellation of one of the shows, “The Prisoner of St. Pierre.” So Jones had two senior girls, Jamie Kelley and Ashlee Sleet, choose two more plays to star in.

For the rest of this story, read this week's Cadiz Record.
Weather
Click for Cadiz, Kentucky Forecast
Sponsored By:
Beaus Blog Logo
Read Beau's Daily Analysis