Greg Batts of Prizer Point brought up the issue, and said that since many people ask about places to drink in the area, the issue of allowing alcohol sales is a tourism-related issue.
Board Member John Bryant said he supported the effort and even has petition slips at his restaurant, Hot Diggity Dog, where people can sign the petition. According to Bryant, 76 percent of the adult population in the United States has at least the occasional drink, and said that means the county is “going after the other 24 percent.”
“It would help us,” Bryant said about allowing alcohol in the county, adding that the Renaissance Committee has come out in support of a vote as well.
(For the full, updated story, check out the Wednesday, June 17, edition of the Cadiz Record.)