Two fires reported in Cadiz last week
by Franklin Clark --
Aug 12, 2009 | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A kitchen fire at a residence in the 200 block of Lafayette Street on Wednesday night did substantive damage to the kitchen and left the rest of the house with smoke damage, according to Cadiz Fire Chief Kerry Fowler.

About 14 Cadiz firefighters responded with two trucks to the fire at about 6:30 p.m. last Wednesday to the home, which is owned by Clarence Brock and occupied by Sharon Crenshaw, Fowler said, adding that the fire that started in the kitchen has been determined to be a cooking fire.

The firefighters were at the scene for one and a half hours and were able to contain most of the damage to the kitchen part of the residence, Fowler said.

Although no one was injured, Crenshaw and her family had to be relocated after the fire and were taken care of by the Trigg County chapter of the American Red Cross, said Fowler.

Cadiz firefighters were sent to another blaze over the weekend.

About 12 firefighters and two fire engines responded to a fire at Little River Dry Kiln on Cerulean Road in Cadiz at about 7:30 a.m. Saturday, and were at the scene for about an hour, Fowler said.

The fire likely started when the an auger bearing overheated in a conveyor belt, setting fire to some sawdust and wood chips inside the building, Fowler said.

Fortunately, the business was closed at the time and no one was injured, and the fire caused minimal damage to the building or other structures, said Fowler.
Click for Cadiz, Kentucky Forecast
Sponsored By:
Beaus Blog Logo
Read Beau's Daily Analysis