Diplomas and degrees: I graduated from Lyon County High School in 1958.
Relevant experience: I am currently the magistrate for District Four and have held this office for 16 years. I know the way the court works and I work well with the members of the court and the various county and state agencies.
Relevant leadership skills:
1. The most important leadership skill I use is listening carefully to the requests and concerns of the people in District Four.
2. I treat all people with respect, courtesy and honesty.
3. I take prompt action and I follow up immediately with my district members’ requests.
Unique Qualities: I have lived in Lyon and Trigg Counties all my life. I know the way people in Trigg County think. I know the culture, lifestyles and religious beliefs of this county. I know the people of Trigg County are hard-working, industrious individuals who love their God, their families and their community. Knowing all this helps to guide my decisions on the Fiscal Court.
The most important functions of the Office of Magistrate are:
1. To actively listen to and thoughtfully consider all matters brought before the Fiscal Court for consideration and/or vote.
2. To actively listen to the opinions and beliefs of the people of District Four as they relate to the current issues of the court and vote as the voice of my district.
3. To oversee the budget, approve county acquisitions and set tax rates.
The most important issues facing Trigg County in the future are:
1. Attracting industrial jobs for the people of Trigg County while supporting the farmers of Trigg County.
2. To adequately maintain the infrastructure of Trigg County to meet the needs of our growing community without raising the tax rates.
3. To support the aging population of Trigg County.
4. All the issues involve money in some way. Federal and state grants are available for many of the needs of Trigg County.
What can you do in this office?
Work within the Fiscal Court to support these issues without placing an undue burden on taxpayers.
For the rest of this story, please see this week's edition of The Cadiz Record.