$246,000 grant in limbo while budget revised
by Hawkins Teague
Aug 01, 2007 | 0 0 comments | 2 2 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Cadiz Renaissance on Main Director Cindy Sholar said Monday that she had not proceeded any further on submitting a revised budget for the Safe Routes to School since The Cadiz Record published an article two weeks ago on the matter.

Morgan Wilson, the state’s SRTS coordinator, said that she and Sholar had tried to contact each other several times in the last week. She said she had left Sholar a message Monday morning. She said she would do what she could to help Sholar amend the budget.

When the city was approved for a Safe Routes to School grant for $246,000 in June 2006, about 20 percent of their budget was intended for a traffic light at the school crosswalk. Sholar’s original plan was for a pedestrian cross light that could be activated by pushing a button. There was supposed to be a traffic light at the crosswalk in front of the school campus that would remain green until someone pushed the button to cross the street. At the time, the traffic light would turn red and the pedestrian would be able to cross.

Where is the money now? Read the Cadiz Record to find out.
Weather
Click for Cadiz, Kentucky Forecast
Sponsored By:
Beaus Blog Logo
Read Beau's Daily Analysis