The fiscal court, by a vote of 6–0, unanimously agreed to give the contract to Kyler Bridge Company, after a motion by Magistrate Larry Lawrence was seconded by Magistrate Barry Littlejohn. Magistrate Shannon Knight was absent.
Kyler Bridge Company, a local contractor, bid $140,771 on the project, while Harold Coffey Contruction of Hickman bid $199,665, Crown Contracting of Princeton bid $211,271 and Jim Smith Contracting Company of Lake City bid $219,920.
Trigg County Judge-Executive Stan Humphries noted that that won’t be the full price of the bridge, as the county will take care of paving the road once Kyler Bridge has completed the bridge work.
And now that Kyler Bridge Company has been awarded the contract, they have 10 days to sign all the necessary legal documents such as the actual contract and a notice to proceed, and after all the documents have been signed they will then have 90 days to complete the project, said Kevin Criders of Geotech Engineering,
However, Criders, who read the bids during the special session, thinks all the documents will be signed much sooner than that, since the county wants this bridge done as soon as possible.
At a meeting in May, the fiscal court also unanimously approved Geotech Engineering Services for the replacement of a bridge on Riley Hollow Road. The county will pay for 20 percent of the project, with the remaining 80 percent coming through the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, said Humphries, who also said that while an exact cost is unavailable, the county could end up paying $30,000.
The bridge was damaged during the floods that took place in early May.