Here are some ideas to consider and hopefully comment on. Do we want to look like any of the following?
2) Gatlinburg, Tenn.
3) Fairfield Glades, Tenn., a golfing resort, retirement community originally developed using the time share model.
4) A business park growth plan whereby you accept all comers or create a park that specializes in a specific industry that projects good future growth. Research Triangle Park in Raleigh, N. C. is an example.
5) Remain an agricultural region but add related business such as processors or perhaps educational resources.
6) Do nothing
7) Other suggestions
Consider the following possibilities as well. With growth comes:
1) more traffic and therefore more lights
2) more stores and potentially some of the “big box” retailers such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. – more competition
3) more things to do, theaters, restaurants, biking, canoeing etc.
4) more jobs and opportunities for our kids to stay here
5) more money, more tax revenue and more crime (maybe)
What do you think?
We want to read your ideas. Send them to The Cadiz Record, ATTN: What do you think? via mail (P.O. Box 1670, Cadiz, KY 42211), our office (58 Nunn Blvd.) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org with What do you think? in the subject line). Some responses will be published in our Letters to the Editor.