Trigg’s boys recorded seven top-10 finishes. Jakelze Martin took second in the triple jump with a leap of 43 feet, 7 inches, second in the high jump at 5-8 and finished fourth in the 400-meter run with a time of 54.2 seconds. Taylor Mitcheson finished second in the long jump (19-2) and eighth in the 100-meter dash (:11.5). Jayven Jones finished fourth in the long jump (17-11), and Matthew Chinn was sixth in the pole vault (8 feet).
Other boys individual results were as follows:
- 100-meter dash: Jones, 20th (:11.9); Romaine Cunningham and Devanie Cunningham, tied 25th (:12); John McGee, 31st (:12.1); Marshall Brown, 63rd (:13.1);
- 200-meter dash: Romaine Cunningham, 12th (:25.2); Brown, 27th (:27.7);
- 400-meter run: Romaine Cunningham, 11th (:56.9); McGee, 25th (1:00.6);
- 800-meter run: Debo Mayes, 27th (2:22.7); Primal Patel, 33rd (2:27.3); Cody Whittington, 34th (2:27.5); Austin Pugh, 38th (2:29.4); Chinn, 43rd (2:34.5); Aaron Stevens, 54th (2:52);
- 1600-meter run: Whittington, 34th (5:27); Pugh, 36th (5:34.9).
For the rest of this story, see this week's issue of The Cadiz Record or subscribe to our e-Edition by calling 270-522-6605.