Overheated light causes fire alarm at Trigg school
by Franklin Clark, Reporter -- fclark@cadizrecord.com
Aug 22, 2012 | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
<i>Franklin Clark/Cadiz Record<p>
The Cadiz Fire Department (vehicle pictured above), the State Fire Marshall and others inspected the Trigg County Primary/Intermediate School building after a fire alarm went off Thursday.</i>
Franklin Clark/Cadiz Record

The Cadiz Fire Department (vehicle pictured above), the State Fire Marshall and others inspected the Trigg County Primary/Intermediate School building after a fire alarm went off Thursday.

slideshow
Students at the Trigg County Primary and Intermediate Schools were evacuated from their joint building for a couple of hours Thursday morning after a fire alarm was activated, but were safely returned back to their classrooms early Thursday afternoon without any injuries.

Trigg County School Superintendent Travis Hamby said all of the students were safely escorted from the building and were moved to the Trigg County High School Gymnasium and Little Theatre while the State Fire Marshall, school officials and members of the Cadiz Fire Department and Cadiz Police Department inspected the building.

Matt Ladd, operations director for Trigg County Schools, stated that a ballast in one of the fluorescent lights overheated, and that the smoke hit one of the smoke detectors, which automatically set off the fire alarm.

Hamby said that students and staff were relocated to the gym and Little Theatre because of the high temperatures outside and because there were bathrooms nearby.

For the rest of this story, see this week's issue of The Cadiz Record or subscribe to our e-Edition by calling 270-522-6605.
Weather
Click for Cadiz, Kentucky Forecast
Sponsored By:
Beaus Blog Logo
Read Beau's Daily Analysis