At Monday evening’s meeting, the Fiscal Court voted unanimously to advertise for bids on the project starting on Friday, after hearing about a plan that was recommended by Trigg County Judge Executive Stan Humphries.
“We’re going to look at option two, which is basically removing the current structure, driving steel pylons and then forming another foundation on that,” said Humphries. “Basically, it’s a process of moving the bridge to a different foundation with reinforced pylons … down to a firm foundation, and the restructuring the bridge on that location.”
The plan Humphries touted was the second option presented earlier in the year by architect Frank Williams of Ronald Johnson and Associates. Humphries said the companies will have 21 days to bid on the project and 60 days to complete the project after the Fiscal Court approves the bid.
Finding enough money to properly re-open the bridge has been something the county’s Transportation Committee has been working this year, said Humphries.
For the rest of this story, see this week's issue of The Cadiz Record or subscribe to our e-Edition by calling 270-522-6605.