Woodlands Nature Station (NS), The Homeplace (HP), and the Golden Pond Planetarium all offer a variety of daily programs about nature, history, and the universe. There are Special Events throughout the summer that only happen once a year. Sometimes special guests like Smokey Bear even make an appearance--be sure to bring your camera! So load the RV or pack the tent, bring the bikes or fuel up the boat, and celebrate summer at Land Between The Lakes!
Additional information is available on the Calendar of Events at www.lbl.org for these special summer events:
• 25-27 ~ River Days (NS)
• 25-26 ~ Traditional Chair Making (HP)
• 1 ~ Children’s Day on the Farm (HP)
• 15 ~ 50th Anniversary Celebration (Golden Pond Visitor Center);10am-2pm
• 15-16 ~ The Pickin’ Party (HP); 10am-7pm
• 15 ~ 50th Anniversary Wildlife Celebration (NS); 10am-4pm
• 4 ~ Independence Day Celebration (HP); 1-4pm
• 13 ~ Cool and Crawly Critters Day (NS); 10am-4pm
• 2-4 ~ Hummingbird Weekend (NS)
• 31-& Sept 1 ~ Homeplace Trades Fair (HP)
Golden Pond Planetarium and Observatory
• Laser Music Shows: May 24-August 31; Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday at 5:30pm and 7pm; Additional shows Saturdays at 8pm on June 1 & 29; July 13 & 27; August 10 & 24 (All seats $7)
• Planetarium Shows and Star Parties: Saturdays at 8pm on May 25; June 8, 15, & 22; July 6 & 20; August 3, 17, & 31 ($5 ages 12 & up, $3 ages 5-12)
Nature Station Staff-led Canoe/Kayak Trips (reservation and fee required)
• May 24 & 26; June 8 & 22; July 5, 6, & 27; August 24 & 31; September 1
Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area is managed by the Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and provides outdoor recreation, lake access, and environmental education for the public to enjoy.
Visitors are encouraged to review the official website at www.lbl.org often for Calendar of Events, updates on programs and policies, safety information, maps, temporary trail and road closures, and additional information, or call 800-LBL-7077 or 270-924-2000. Follow LBL on Twitter @LBLScreechOwl or @LandBtwnLakes.
This press release was submitted by Jan Bush, media contact for Land Between the Lakes.