Beshear: Work on new bridges to be well underway ‘by the time I go out of office’
by Franklin Clark, Reporter -- fclark@cadizrecord.com
Oct 23, 2013 | 99 99 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear (D) says construction on new bridges across Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley will be well underway before he leaves office.

“I can assure you of this: by the time I go out of this office in December of 2015, both of those bridges are going to be so far along that there won’t be any turning back,” said Beshear. “We’re going to get those bridges built.”

Beshear and others spoke last Tuesday during a keynote address at an informational meeting in Madisonville on Interstate 69 and other transportation projects. At that same meeting, Beshear said he is pleased with the progress along the entire U.S. 68/Ky. 80 Corridor, which includes the widening of 68/80 into four lanes. Approximately 55 miles are already designated as I-69, he said.

Beshear says bids on construction of the new bridges will be opened in the near future.

For the rest of this story, see this week's issue of The Cadiz Record or subscribe to our e-Edition by calling 270-522-6605.
Weather
Click for Cadiz, Kentucky Forecast
Sponsored By:
Beaus Blog Logo
Read Beau's Daily Analysis