Polete, chairman of the Civil War Days Committee, first made the announcement early last week over Facebook. Above all, time constraints were the reason he gave for the cancellation, but he also someone else to take over the event in 2015.
“There were four of us on the [Civil War Days] Committee, and my schedule and their schedules have just gotten so much that we haven’t been able to find the time to put it together,” Polete said. “We’ve asked a few different people, to see if someone wanted to take it over. We haven’t been able to find anybody.”
The event was to be held March 21 – 23 at the old soccer fields at Lake Barkley State Resort Park. It was held there this year as well for the first time; it had been held in downtown Cadiz previously. Polete said it’s too late at this point to put anything together for next year, so he “made an executive decision.”
For the rest of this story, see this week's issue of The Cadiz Record or subscribe to our e-Edition by calling 270-522-6605.